Opdrachtgever: De internationale faculteit van een grote hogeschool in de Randstad
Scope: 150 teachers and staff, and 3 managers
Context: The faculty was dealing with three major challenges:
designing a new governance structure
designing a new curriculum
dealing with work pressure
In order to create ambition, basis and energy to deal with these challenges, the head of department thought it would be good to connect with all his employees and not only interact with the people who address him personally.
The Opp app was added to the mix of ‘traditional’ communication tools (newsletters, representation groups and meetings). They kicked-off at a ‘town hall meeting’ where people received instructions on how to download etc. They started of simple with a ‘safe’ and ‘neutral’ opp-dialogue. In this dialogue the three challenges were introduced and people were invited to continue the dialogue in three separate opps. The results were interesting.
- Within one week 68 people joined the dialogue, after only one invitation.
- Huge response on the topic ‘solutions for work pressure’ (65 people).
- People responded with personal and indepth input, making it clear that this topic was very relevant to the group.
- Definition work pressure defined by the people, instead of the management guessing.
- People came up with lots of practical and easy solutions.
- The groups on the other topics were smaller, so they were considered less relevant?
- The group gave some tips and focus points for the management to take into account
- Practical and easy solutions were brought up by the people themselves.